Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder is a rich blend of nutritional, aged humus mixed with essential supplements to form a complete soil for turf applications. It is the perfect mix for planting new grass from seed or sod, repairing damaged and bare spots, or adding organic matter to tired and stressed lawns. Soil Mender adds essential nutrients and biological material to turf soil to ensure results every time you use it. It also buffers turf against salt concentrations, improves germination, and inhibits leaching. Read and follow directions for best results.
Total Nitrogen (N) – 1.0%
Available Phosphate (P2O5) – 1.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O) – 1.0
Derived from Composted Cotton Burrs, Composted Cattle Manure,
Cottonseed Meal, Feather Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Humate, and Sulfur
Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder cannot effectively be applied with a domestic fertilizer spreader. To obtain maximum results, spread with a shovel or make even piles throughout area and use a garden rake to spread evenly. Your work will be generously rewarded with super results every time you apply Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder.
Planting Grass Or Sod
1. Prepare area to be seeded or sodded by removing all dead grass and weeds.
2. Use a garden rake to level the area and aerate existing substrate.
3. Add up to one(1) inch of Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder and rake to a level grade.
4. Spread an appropriate grass seed over area as directed on seed package. If sodding, tightly pack sod into area removing any area between sod.
5. Add a very light layer of Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder over planted sod or seed and slowly and gently water in.
Water frequently and keep moist until grass is established. When turf is established switch to a deep watering program by watering less frequently and for longer periods of time.
Repairing and Filling Trouble Spots
Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder is perfect for filling bare and problem spots. To patch bare spots, use the planting instructions above. When filling low spots, add an extra two(2) inches of soil to the low spot to help offset compaction of soil when watered.
Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder creates an ideal foundation for over-seeding turf.
1. Using a garden rake, aerate and level your existing lawn by raking thatch, dead plants, and weeds out of your root zone.
2. Apply an appropriate grass seed for your hardiness zone and at the proper time of year. Follow directions on grass seed package.
3. Add 1/4 to 1/2 inch of Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder over the new seed and deeply water. Keep turf moist until established and then revert to deep watering habits.
Top Dressing Established Turf
One of the best things you can do for your established turf is top dressing. Top dressing turf adds essential organic matter which makes most fertilizers work better, makes turf more drought tolerant, and controls thatch build-up. To top dress:
1. Cut a four(4) inch hole in the upper corner of the bag.
2. Pour six(6) inch high piles evenly throughout your lawn.
3. Use a garden rake to evenly spread Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder over your existing turf. Turf should be covered with 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch of Soil Mender Turf Soil Builder.
4. Deep water turf after application. Care should be given to avoid uneven application of Turf Soil Builder which could make mowing more difficult.
Turf should be watered deeply and infrequently. This will encourage deeper, stronger root development. Application is recommended in early spring and early fall (rate may be doubled for fall application).
This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.